Please complete the forms below - AP416-2, AP416-4, and AP416-1 and return it to the office through the classroom teacher or email it to sandyhill@abbyschools.ca

Any volunteer in our school must also obtain criminal record check clearance.

The Ministry of Justice has regulations requiring ANY volunteer who comes near or works around children to complete a criminal record check, regardless of the time spent working near or around them. This requirement involves a Criminal Record Search, valid for 5 years, which will include a Vulnerable Sector Search.  You must have criminal record check clearance in order to volunteer.

The reason for this is to ensure the safety of our students at all times regardless of a position or purpose. This means that all volunteers must obtain the same CRC clearance as employees.  If you are planning to volunteer on a field trip, in a classroom, in the library, handing out hot lunch, to read, or to help in any way you will require a criminal record check completed.  These will be valid for 5 years. If you have a CRC done already your organization can share it with the Abbotsford School District through the government process but you still must advise the school office before you go to the School Board office with your identification. 

How to Complete a Criminal Record Check?

First please complete the AP416 forms found below in the Volunteer Application package and advise the school office that you would like to be added to the list of volunteers. Please email sandyhill@abbyschools.ca

Second please visit the Abbotsford School Board office located at 2790 Tims Street and bring two pieces of ID (see below). They will request that you complete the Volunteer Consent Package forms and will submit it to the CRRP for processing.

The School Board office will receive the results. Approval takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks.

Already have a criminal record check completed?

If you already have a criminal record check through the CRRP (Criminal Records Review Program) which was completed within the past 5 years and has the same clearance to work with the same population, then you could request your organization share it with the school district. You will still need to visit the Abbotsford School Board office and complete forms.

More information on sharing CRC’s can be found here : https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/crime-prevention/criminal-record-check/sharing-results

Thank you for your cooperation and support!